Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Teach My Hands - Pastor Kristin


I was listening to a sermon the other day when the minister taught this verse.  Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight” This verse has just rolled over and over in my heart.  It made me think about what the Lord asked Moses in Exodus 4:2 so the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A rod."  Moses was to simply use what he had to do mighty things for the Lord.     

David learned by experience that God would teach him to use what was in his had to do great things whether it was a slingshot or an instrument.  I know David understood what Paul would later write in 2 Corinthians 10:4 “for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.” And even when are hands are empty we can lift them to the Lord in worship or clap them in praise and began to war in the spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment