Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trusting God - Pastor Jenn


“And we have such TRUST through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God." 1 Corinthians 3: 4-5(NKJV)

I read this story the other day and it really got me thinking…

A little girl and her father were crossing a bridge. The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, “Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don’t fall into the river.” The little girl said, “No, Dad, you hold my hand. “ “What’s the difference?” asked the puzzled father. “There’s a big difference,” replied the little girl, “if I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go.”
I believe that so many times in our life when it comes to trusting God we hold his hand and in doing that it is so easy to let go when we get scared or unsure of what is happening. As the little girl knew that if we allow him to hold our hand then we know for sure no matter what happens He will never let us go. 
God is all sufficient for every need that we walk through! We need to step back and start to trust like a child!!! Children start to trust from the day they are born, they trust you to feed them and take care of them. They have no doubt that you as their parent will provide everything they need. Why don’t we have this much trust in our Heavenly Father?

In his word he tells us that we can trust in him...
He is the Stronghold. 
Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will TRUST, my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

He is the Protector.
2 Samuel 22:31 “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who TRUST in Him.”

He will Deliver as Promised.
Psalms 22:4 “Our fathers trusted in You; they TRUSTED, and 
You delivered them”

Nothing on Earth Can Compare.
Psalms 32:10 “Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he that TRUST in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.”

As a believer in Christ we have be renewed and restored. Our lives have been changed!!! Christ died to set us free! It is time that we put all our TRUST in him! Sometimes I have to remind myself that if God can hold the planets in orbit then He can handle my life. I have to daily put my TRUST in God.
How do we TRUST God with everything we have walked through that still has hold on our life and everything that we are currently walking through:

  1. Believe in who God says He is. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last , the beginning and the End.” Revelation 22:13
  2. Believe in who God says you are. “But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
  3. Acknowledge your need for help. “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22.
  4. Cover yourself with His Word. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I may not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11
  5. Allow Him to hold your hand. “For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13


Today begin a new journey in TRUSTING in God!!! He is everything that you need for everything that you.

No comments:

Post a Comment